Pasta Carbonara is one food that when prepared well, can be described as heavenly in taste. Here’s a very simple yet guaranteed and proven to be extra yummy Pasta Carbonara. This recipe was shared to me by my friend Dottie and is so yummy my children think about it all the time! With her permission I am sharing this to all of you so we can all enjoy it! Happy cooking!
- 500 grams noodles, preferably Linguine noodles
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast cut in strips
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, sliced
- half bar of butter (preferably Magnolia)
- Knorr Cream of Mushroom (1 pack) mix with 5 cups water
- McCormick Carbonara Sauce (2 packs) mix with 1 liter Fresh Milk
- Button Mushroom (1 big can)
- Parmesan Cheese or Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook 500 grams of noddles according to package directions, making sure not to overcook it;
- Drain, run cold water to cool, and set aside
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Saute the garlic then the onion
- Add chicken and mushroom
- Add the Carbonara mix and milk mixture and simmer
- Add the Cream of Mushroom
- Season salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for a few minutes until it thickens a little
- Add the pasta and mix carefully
- Serve with Cheese and French Bread
* Optional: You may add Bacon to this recipe!
Enjoy Dottie’s Pasta Carbonara!