Telling parents we love them is sometimes not enough; as the saying goes: “action speaks louder than words”; hence the need to do something more concrete.
If you want to express your love to your parents by doing something out of the ordinary, here’s a great idea you might just love. It’s easy and it’s guaranteed to bring a smile into your parent’s faces: make them a fabulous breakfast in bed, something that they don’t expect you will do for them.
So here’s what you should do:
First, plan ahead. Choose a good day to do this. Make sure that your Mom and Dad are both at home and will be in bed. This is essential because some parents travel a lot due to work and not planning ahead may hamper your preparation.
Second, make sure that you have all the ingredients you need. To be sure that it will really surprise especially your Mom, buy your own ingredients and keep them hidden so she will not see and wonder what they are for.
Okay, so now that you’ve done the two essential steps, here’s the simple recipe for the Fabulous French Toast.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Butter or Oil for frying
- French bread (at least 8 slices) or Baguette (16) or Loaf Bread
How to Prepare:
- In a bowl or dish big enough for one slice of bread, mix the following ingredients: 2 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 pinch of salt, 1 Tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Mix well using a wire whip or a fork;
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium or low flame;
- Add just a little butter or oil in the pan;
- Dip a piece of bread in the egg mixture and then place on the heated pan;
- Cook until golden brown (make sure to turn the bread only once).
How to Serve:
- Place the French toasts in a pretty white plate and serve with any of the following: butter, warmed syrup, fruit preserves, or fresh fruit. You may also sprinkle the French toasts with powdered sugar.
- Serve the French toast with crispy bacon or sausages and 2 glasses of milk or juice. Place all these in a tray together with a flower in a small vase and knock on your parents’ bedroom door. I’m sure your Mom and Dad will lighten up and smile when they see you bring in the beautiful tray of warm fresh food very early in the morning.
Now tell me, is there a much better way to say you truly love them?