Cooking can be challenge for working moms, whether they work in an office outside the home or in their home office. This is because cooking can be very time consuming, and time to cook is just something that most working women do not have the luxury of.
Now here’s the good news! A good crock pot cooker can actually be one way to solve that problem.
So what’s a crock pot cooker?
A crock pot cooker is a kitchen appliance; a pot that is plugged in an electrical outlet just like a rice cooker and it cooks the food slowly to perfection. Crock pot cookers are normally used to cook stews. Crock pot cookers are safe to use; and a normal recipe of beef stew can be cooked in 6 to 7 hours.
For working women, this can make a lot of difference. What can be done is to cook the stew in the morning, and by the time dinner time has come, the stew will be ready!
There are many recipes that can be cooked in a crock pot. Here’ an example of a simple crock pot recipe for everybody to try:
- 2 pounds of beef, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or equivalent granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix all the ingredients except and put in the crock pot cooker;
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours;
- When ready to serve, taste first and check the seasoning;
- Pour and stir in sour cream;
- Serve over hot noodles or rice.