- 6 slices Cheese (Cheddar or Swiss)
- 6 slices ham (sweet ham is highly recommended)
- 3 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 tbsps butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- Basil, chopped for garnish (optional)
How to Cook:
- Pound chicken breasts to make them into thin pieces of breast meat, preferably into 1/2 inch thick.
- Place a slice of cheese and a slice of ham on each breast. Make sure that they are within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and then cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Set aside.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring until thickened. Remove from stove and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
*This recipe was shared and demonstrated by Sis Precy Enerio of the Canitoan Branch.