Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it jumpstarts the body’s metabolism. It also fuels the body so that it can function effectively the whole day. This means that what we eat during breakfast is very important.
If you want something new, a variation perhaps of your usual egg omelet, try this:
Spanish Omelets (Tortilla de Patatas)
- 1/4 kg potatoes
- 6 eggs
- Cooking oil
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
How to Prepare:
- Wash the potatoes very well to remove dirt;
- Peel the potatoes and wash them again;
- Cut them into thin slices and place in a bowl with water to avoid discoloration. Set aside;
- Chop the onion;
- Heat oil in a frying pan and then add the onion;
- Sautée the onion until golden brown;
- Add the potatoes and a pinch of salt;
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season to taste;
- Return the non-stick pan on the heat and turn the heat up;
- While waiting for the pan to heat, mix the beaten eggs and the potatoes in the bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg and potato mixture into the pan. Brown on one side and then turn the omelet over to brown the other side.
Note: You can also add pieces of bacon, ham, or cooked shrimps for a tasty omelet.