If you love healthy snack food, I suggest you try Shawarma. Here’s how to make them.
- Pita or Shawarma bread
- Beef, preferably tenderloin; cut into very thin strips
- Soy sauce, 1 tsp
- Vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Onions, sliced thinly
- Red. Green, and yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- Tomatoes, cut into cubes
- Lettuce, shredded
- Mix the following as marinade for the beef: soy sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper.
- Marinate beef for at least one (1) hour.
- In a frying pan, put just enough oil and wait until it’s hot.
- Stir fry the marinated beef.
- Add the sliced onion and turn off the fire.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat the Pita bread in a non stick pan for a few seconds;
- Place the Pita bread in a clean, dry plate;
- Arrange the shredded lettuce and the cut vegetables in the middle of the Pita bread;
- Roll the Pita bread; secure the edges so that the fillings will stay inside the Pita bread;
- Serve with white garlic sauce and hot chili sauce if desired.