1. I’m fat, and I am okay with it! Not that I don’t have any plans of losing weight or being fit and slim again. I just don’t believe that I should be defined by how wide my waistline is or how heavy I am. It may be cliche but it holds true – it is not good to judge a book by its cover! There’s more to me than meets the eye hahaha!
2. A sentimental fool. Loves an occasional cry from sentimental movies and love songs.
3. Fond of books. Bring me to any Bookstore or Library; I can stay for hours and hours. I love BookSale. I love self-help books and books written by Nicholas Sparks. The latest book I’ve read are the Hunger Games Triology by Suzanne Collins; Allegiant, Divergent, Insurgent, and Four by Veronica Roth; Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman; and Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely.
4. Prefers sunrise over sunset. Rainbows enthrall me!
5. Excited with the idea and waiting for the right moment to play in the rain the way I used to when I was little.
6. Loves Chinese food, thin crust pizza with lots of pepperoni and cheese, and McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with lots of cheese!
7. Reads before sleeping and prefers reading over watching television.
8. Sings a lot, silently. No longer confident to sing aloud.
9. Likes the music of Stacey Kent, Boyce Avenue, James Taylor, Walk Off the Earth, Coldplay, Jessie J, Carissa Rae, Michael Buble, Jim Croce, Tristan Prettyman, Ingrid Michaelson, Marie Digby, the Corrs …
10. Fears loneliness.
11. Passionate about teaching and human resource development and management.
12. Loves sunflower.
13. Studies better when there’s music.
14. Can do without desserts.
15. Finds comfort in holding hands.
16. Loves long baths.
17. likes to walk in the beach barefoot (as long as it’s clean).
18. Believes that the eyes are the windows to the soul. That eyes do not lie.
19. No press powder and make-up. Just eye shadow and lip gloss.
20. Idea of relaxation – a foot massage, a hot shower, lovely music, and a good book.
21. Minimalist. Big bag, jeans, a simple blouse, flat shoes – these comprises the perfect outfit for me. Pearl earrings, a watch, a simple bracelet … no necklace. Prefers short hair but miss my long hair.
22. I love Spotify!
23. Loves going to school and learning … and hopes to be able to continue to do so until I reach … 80?
24. Had a short tint as a college instructor. A wife, Mother, and full time home maker. I am a Training and Management Consultant and a church volunteer. Looking back to my younger days I would have loved to be a public servant, a lawyer, a journalist, an author, a script writer, an HR Manager, a school administrator, even a police woman. Except for the police woman profession, and with more or less 15 more productive years before retirement, God willing, I am not closing doors to these my other dreams. I used to dream of continuing with law school after I finish my doctorate degree in education. Not that I dream to enter any court of law when I finish. Let’s say it’s more on conquering fear … conquering me. I gave up Law years ago because I feared my professor. Today, and looking at the future and knowing what matters most, those dreams may well remain a dream, but I am assured and happy with the knowledge that whether they come true or not, I would have rocked every step of the way!
25. Believes in the saying “Whatever you want for yourself, give to another.”
My name is Tina, and today, at 46, I continue to be a work-in-progress, and I am grateful!