When I read about this – that one can actually lose weight with proper breathing exercises, I did not really see the connection.
Good that I continued reading on, now I can truly say “Oh I see! There’s the connection!”
Deep breathing regularly is very important because fat cannot burn without enough oxygen.
Here’s a short step by step guide on how to properly perform breathing exercises.
To begin, sit on a mat or the floor with your legs crossed comfortably, the palms of your hands placed on your knees.
- Close your eyes;
- Breathe in through the nose, slowly to the count of 3. Exhale through the mouth, again slowly, to the count of 3;
- Inhale through the nose slowly to the count of 5. Exhale slowly through the mouth to the count of 5;
- Inhale through the nose slowly to the count of 10. Exhale slowly through the mouth to the count of 10;
- Repeat the breathing process increasing the count by 3 or 5 each time until you eventually reach 20. Continue to train your lungs until you can reach 30. Never rush the counting, be patient.
- For each session, at the longest count you can accomplish, repeat that breathing count 5 times.
Finally, as you open your eyes, take one deep breath and then release it slowly.
Rise very slowly. Be extra careful not to rise too quickly because if you do, there is a big chance you will pass out.